The Office of Visitor Relations serves as a central resource for visitors, students, faculty, staff and others who need assistance in navigating the campus. The office’s 60-person Mizzou Tour Team provides campus tours as well as assistance on the phone and in person at an information desk located centrally in Jesse Hall.
Annually the office is responsible for updating kiosk maps located throughout the campus, a similar printed map, self-guided walking tour brochures and a visitors guide dedicated to campus and its various resources. The office also maintains relationships with the Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau and other state tourism groups to promote Columbia and area attractions.
What we do
- Provide general tour of campus (typical tour lasts 45 minutes to an hour)
- Provide general campus collateral pieces (campus maps, university visitor guide, self-guided historical walking tour, university fact book, etc.)
- Provide common city of Columbia collateral pieces (Columbia visitor guide, map of the district, Columbia Parks and Recreation guide, etc.)
- Serve as a campus information source
- Answer calls on general toll-free number
- Respond to inquiries into general university email
- Visitor Relations
- Toll-free visitors number: 800-856-2181
- Allow two to three weeks to arrange and confirm tour