Marketing & Communications staff members help our colleagues. We offer advice and field questions in our areas of expertise. The Department of Web Communications provides training and consulting services for website development at Mizzou. The MU News Bureau offers media training for Mizzou faculty and staff. Publications consults with other departments about the production of print materials.
What we do
- Prepare faculty and staff for news media interviews
- Consult with MU units about publications
- Provide a hands-on training session to help clients update and maintain websites built by Web Communications
- Content management system (CMS) training
- Organization of the MU Web Developers Group, a network of Mizzou Internet professionals who create, manage and maintain websites for Mizzou schools, departments, organizations and other units. Online discussions are held through a listserv. To join, email email@example.com or contact Web Communications at 573-884-8075.
- Organization of the MU Campus Content Creators group, a network of Mizzou communications professionals who develop editorial content for Mizzou schools, departments, organizations and other units. Contact Web Communications at 573-884-2388.
Our experts also provide guidelines and tips regarding
- Web standards
- Media trends
- Graphic design
- Editorial content